There are currently no less than six screenplay projects in various stages of development. In total they draw upon recent advances in transmedia storytelling, immersive cinema, and animation technologies.
- Screenplay. THE SEMINAR (STATUS: completed 20 min short) . A modestly designed production – just four men in a cave. One is Aristotle, 42, and another – his teenage student-Prince Alexander, the future Emperor. The problem? How to teach the difficult student the three-act-structure. Two bored but anxious bodyguards look on at the testy Oedipal struggle . Tensions rise. Everyone carries a knife. Script is HERE
- Full adaptation of a Joseph Conrad’S HEART OF DARKNESS (STATUS: 160 min, 5th draft completed).
- Treatment: WHATEVER (STATUS: 90 min contemporary drama set in Texas Trumpland, USA). As of Sept 2017 this is now a completed treatment, moving towards first draft script based on feedback and interest from production companies. Background reading has included The Big Con (David W. Mauer, 1999), The Confidence Man in American Literature (Lindberg, 1982), Major Problems in Texas History, 2nd edition (Eds. Haynes & Wintz, 2017), Red State (Thorburn, 2014). The narrative follows Travis Wright/Pioneer Bill in the tradition of the picaresque novel, with film/genre references that allude to Ford, Hitchcock, Malick, Fred Zimmerman, the Coen Brothers, Wim Wenders and Barry Levinson. The final note is a tribute to David Lynch. The picaresque narrative draws upon advances in transmedia storytelling.
- Treatment. AS YOU LAY DYING – a Claude Monet bio. STATUS: research and plot structure underway for a full length script based on his struggles with a particular sequence of paintings.
- Treatment. PLACE BY THE RIVER – STATUS: research and treatment plotting for a full-length Western that explores the relationship from 1811 to 1861 between Abigail and her lost father William Wright – former Ohio homesteader turned killer, frontier wildman, Texas Republican, and now aged mountain man. How do they get her extended family to California?
- Screenplay. STREETWALKERS: Drawing on the April 1943 essay Lenin In Zurich by Vaeriu Marcu. Written on the occasion of a recent visit to Zurich and the 100 anniversary of the Russian Revolution. STATUS: finished, Nov 7th 2017.
And now the ads 😦