There are currently no less than six screenplay projects in various stages of development. In total they draw upon recent advances in transmedia storytelling, immersive cinema, and animation technologies.
- Completed screenplay. THE SEMINAR. An Oedipal struggle for the ages. A modestly designed production – just four men in a cave. One is the celebrated teacher Aristotle, 42, and another his student – the newly-appointed Regent, Alexander, the future Emperor. The problem? How to teach the difficult teenage student the three-act-structure. Two bored but anxious bodyguards look on . Tensions rise. Everyone carries a knife. STATUS: a completed 20 min short HERE
- A completed adaptation of Joseph Conrad’s novella HEART OF DARKNESS (STATUS: 160 min, 2016-2017, 5th draft).
- Completed screenplay. STREETWALKERS: Drawing on the April 1943 essay Lenin In Zurich by Vaeriu Marcu. Written on the occasion of a recent visit to Zurich and the 100 anniversary of the Russian Revolution. STATUS: 20 pp.
And from 1811 to the present day: the Wright Family Saga
- Completed screenplay (120 pp): WHATEVER. A satiric parable of our time and set in Texas Trumpland, USA. What happens when the fly in your eye upsets your entire world and the loving community turns you into a loser? The narrative follows Travis Wright – family man and gun seller – as he hits the open road in search of his creative source. In the land of frauds and tricksters like himself, how does he become renowned singer/songwriter Pioneer Bill? The episodic story draws upon advances in transmedia storytelling and is in the tradition of the picaresque novel, with film/genre references that allude to Ford, Hitchcock, Malick, Fred Zimmerman, the Coen Brothers, Wim Wenders and Barry Levinson. The final note is a tribute to David Lynch. (The 41 page treatment available HERE).
- Ongoing treatment & research PLACE BY THE RIVER – A full-length 120 min Western that explores the relationship from 1811 to 1861 between Abigail and her lost father William Wright – former Ohio homesteader turned killer, frontier wildman, Texas Republican, and now aged mountain man. How do they get her extended family to California? STATUS: research and treatment plotting.
PLUS: Treatment. AS YOU LAY DYING – a Claude Monet bio. Towards a full length script based on his struggles with a particular sequence of paintings. STATUS: research and plot structure underway.
And now the ads 😦